We would like to give all those that knew and loved Shirley an opportunity to share thoughts and memories. Comments are welcome. We would love to post your thoughts, you can email them to Rachel Roberts at rachel.pradoroberts@gmail.com and they will be posted to this blog.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Memory from Elayne

When I was in the 3rd grade, Shirley wrote in my autograph book and said, “ Dear Elaine, you are the stupidest person I know. Sincerely, Shirley Green”. I dug it out of the archives a few years ago and told Shirley what she wrote. She couldn’t believe she actually wrote it and to add insult to injury, she even misspelled my name. Our family all laughed at it and it became a family joke. Two years ago, I reciprocated with this Birthday card and we all had another good laugh.



She was a very unique person and I always admired and looked up to her for her independent and kind spirit. Barbara, Shirley and I always had tons of fun together and we knew how to laugh a lot.. I will miss her greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment